This Course will be conducted in Chinese.
Facing changing international relationships and economic situation of the world, Chinese government plays more and more important roles and functions in economic activities of China. This course is designed to assist business people to better understand government's work, understand the policy-making process, and analyze the impact of macro regulatory environment on enterprises. While systematically studying the trend of policy development and building accurate communication channels with key stakeholders, to propose strategic recommendations for enterprises to solve problems, and make the advocacy to the government more effectively, so as to establish positive corporate image and achieve win-win between the government and the enterprise.
What will you learn?
1. Evolution of Professional Government Affairs - From Tactics to Strategy:
- The evolution process and developing direction of MNCs' Government Affairs work in China
- How to think strategically for government affairs?
- What should GA professionals do for the new challenges?
2. Policy Research based Government Relation:
- External Stakeholder Mapping and Internal Stakeholder Management and Communication
- How to establish a systematic and professional government relations network to achieve the business objective?
3. Government Relation based Policy Research:
• Monitoring: How and where to get useful information and monitor the developments of certain policies
• Analysis: How to read between the lines about the profound meaning, and come up with your own impact analysis
• Reporting: How to explain the un-explainable and provide solution-driven recommendations to senior executives?
4. Government Relation and Policy Research based Advocacy:
- How to identify the advocacy goal and strategy, and How to engage with stakeholders and find win-win opportunity?
- How to systematically manage the government affairs crisis/ issue?
5. Differences between Chinese and Western Cultures:
- Comparison between Chinese and Western cultures, and professional and effective cross-cultural communication
- Observing changing Government Affairs work in the changing environment
Who Should Attend?
• Senior Executives of Multi-national Companies: Aiming to expand and deepen their understanding of Chinese government and policies on the basis of learning the differences between Chinese and Western cultures, and leverage the government affairs to guide the development in China.
• GA Professionals: Working in the government affairs, aiming to continuously and systemically improve the working skillset from a strategically perspective.
• Business People: Working in the fPR/ Communications/ CSR/ Legal/ Plant Operation and Management, etc. with the responsibility to communicate or even advocate with the government stakeholders, and hope to do a good job through systematic learning.
• Practical: It is designed and conducted by GA practitioners. It is loaded with best practices and offers operational templates that can serve as a practical guide.
• Hands on: The learning is experience-based and hands-on. Participants will be presented with several scenarios based on real cases. Learning points are fully delivered through case studies, simulations, role playing, and interactive discussion.
8:45 AM - 9 AM
9 AM - 12 PM
12 PM - 1 PM
1 PM - 5 PM
Please register and pay by Sept.2.
Please register and pay by Sept.2.
If you cannot attend a training for which you have registered, please cancel your registration no later than five business days prior to the training. If you fail to notify AmCham China of your cancellation in a timely fashion, you will be charged for training costs. To cancel you can: 1) email email@example.com, or 2) cancel online if you registered for the training through the website. Your cooperation in this matter supports AmCham China in maintaining the quality of its trainings and is appreciated by your fellow members and the organization.