This course aims to develop a strategic mindset of negotiation and is highly practical rather than theoretical. It is built around real case studies drawn from real examples in countries around the world. It focuses on the "how and why" a particular negotiation succeeded, or failed.
This course covers a range of practical skills in negotiations:
If you need to build negotiation ability, this course is for you.
- Adding value – how to explore and capitalize on value
- Avoiding Negative value – how to recognize and avoid negative value
- Managing expectations – how to choose your area of negotiation
- Preparing – how to find out what you don't know
- Setting goals – how to set goal and limits
- Developing power – how to think and plan ahead
- Controlling timing – how to use "time-outs" to enhance negotiation
- Closing a deal – how to use a simple approach
- Walking away – how to recognize when to walk away
This course will be conducted in English.