The Sports Committee is excited to host the 2nd Annual AmCham China Tennis Tournament from Dec 11 to Dec 13. Join us for a week of friendly competition while making new tennis friends! The single-elimination tournament will use a short set format and will take place over two days.
The tournament will begin Dec 11 Tuesday evening at 7PM and finals will be held Dec 13 Thursday evening.
The tournament is open to AmCham China members and outside guests of AmCham China, but each team must have at least 2 AmCham China members. Entry fee is 2000 RMB / team. 500 / person. Location TBD (booking indoor courts in Beijing winter is challenging!)
Match Format and Scoring
- The tournament will use a short set in every match. First to win 4 games, at 3 games all (3-3) tie break to 7 points (6 all, just one point)
- No Ad scoring system, it's a sudden death at Deuce, the receiver gets to choose who will return serve. In mixed doubles match, man serves to man, woman serves to woman.
- The first match will start at 7pm. First match is Men's doubles, followed by women's doubles and mixed doubles.
- To all the teams scheduled to play, warmup courts will be available from 6-7pm during check-in.
- The tournament is a single-elimination bracket format.
- The team to win 2 out of 3 matches will progress.
- Team Captains will be responsible for submitting a scoresheet after each match.
- Please arrive early if you would like to warm up! If you are 10 minutes late, your match will be forfeited.
For more information, please contact Abigail Arterburn at email@example.com