With the escalation of the tariff tensions, concerns are raising over the American and Chinese business community and the word "decoupling" is becoming the major fear of many our members. Is "standard decoupling" inevitable? If no, then how should American companies, particularly American MNCs operating in both US and China, prepare for it? We are pleased to have Leslie McDermott, Director of International Development and Xu Fang, China Chief Representative from American National Standards Institute (ANSI) traveling all the way from Washington D.C. for a joint Membership Conversation on the potential "decoupling" issue alongside other mutual major concerns.
Topics may include:
Decoupling in the sense from the China's engagement with other international organizations.
- Current U.S.-China trade relations and its impact on engagement opportunities, etc.
- Do you see China's efforts towards the internationalization of China-led standards a concern to the U.S. business community? If so, how?
- What suggestions do you have for U.S. private sector's participation in contributing and proposing ideas to regional and global standard making?
* The whole conversation will be conducted in English and of course be off-the-record.
* Refreshments will be provided onsite.