China’s film business is growing at an astounding rate. The Chinese box office will eclipse North America's in only a few years. Every week brings announcements of exciting new Sino-US film projects, investments and acquisitions.
However, Hollywood’s financing models are stretching to fit this new environment. Concerns about box office reporting abound. Completion bonds and insurances are just emerging. Collection account management also faces new challenges. As filmmakers and studio executives from around the globe converge for the Beijing International Film Festival, hear from a leading expert on Chinese film finance. Issues to be covered include:
- Financial structuring of Sino-US motion pictures,
- The roles of banks and lenders in the financing process,
- Tips for foreign producers or studios raising money from Chinese investors,
- Tips for successful co-productions,
- Collection account management in China,
- Completion guarantors and production insurers in China.