Alistair McArthur has trained thousands of executives and staff around Asia during his 20 years of being based in China. He is a Certified Facilitator of the Strength Deployment Inventory (TotalSDI – Coaching Tools), focusing on improving relationships through increased understanding and effective personal and professional communication.
He has worked with and managed a diverse range of international teams and is now sharing his knowledge to develop interpersonal skills, while also working with organizational leaders to improve stakeholder communication. His professional journey has covered business areas such as franchising, commodities, general and business aviation, and working with government and membership associations advising on strategic partnerships. As a training and development professional he is not only delivering workshops for over 15 years but overseen the development of over 600 hours of face-to-face learning.
He is a guest lecturer for the international MBA program at Renmin University teaching and simulating topics covering change management, emotional intelligence and cultural communication. Alistair is also involved in the Australia China Alumni Association mentoring program, acting as a mentor for Australia university graduates in China embarking on their professional careers.
His experiences have enabled him to grasp an understanding of the cultural and individual challenges many people face in their professional roles. Alistair is a clear analytical thinker and creative trainer who has proven interpersonal skills to operate successfully in a variety of roles and developing the skills of others.
Alistair is a Monash University (Australia) Graduate in International Business and Management. He also attended Nankai University for a 12-month intensive Chinese language training.
• Intercultural and leadership communication and coaching
• Conflict management, Team relationship dynamics, Negotiations and Influencing, Assertiveness
• Presentations with Impact, Business Writing & Influencing
• Alistair engaged with a large European organization to provide a stage-one 6 module leadership program and coaching to 16 top-performer leaders in China. He also moderated the organization’s 2-day strategy meeting. He finalized agendas, speakers and coached 6 directors for their presentations and dynamic meetings to focus on output and encourage team interaction.
• Mr McArthur provided coaching to a high-level Chinese charity founder. His coaching sessions were focused on preparing presentation skills for television and large group audiences to seek continued funding and donation support. The program was for a period of 3 months.
Airbus, Lenovo, Microsoft, Schlumberger, Honeywell, Volkswagen, GlaxoSmithKlein, EADS, Baker McKenzie, Embassy of Canada Beijing, Daimler, Suez, Jaguar, Total, Shell, Chiron, Rio Tinto, Yew Cheung International School, and International School of Beijing.