In this time of uncertainty, AmCham China is working to arrange a charter flight from the US for both foreign and Chinese employees of our member companies who are seeking to return to Beijing in August. With the support of local governments and relevant Chinese ministries, our first charter flight will depart from San Francisco and arrive in Beijing on August 28th. We welcome our members who are seriously considering taking this flight to confirm your interest by registering via this event page by August 2, 2020.
If you have any questions on this potential charter flight, please feel free to contact Sophie Ren by email@example.com or 010-8519 0873. Please note that AmCham China is no longer involved with any services related to PU letter (invitation) from local governments and visa applications.
Who is eligible to sign up for AmCham China's charter flight?
- Employees of an AmCham China member company. All nationalities welcome.
- AmCham China members who have received a PU letter (invitation) from the Beijing government. If you received a PU letter from the Tianjin government, you could also register but please note that priority will be given to those who are returning to Beijing.
- AmCham China members already in possession of a valid reentry visa (preferred).
- AmCham China members currently in the process of applying for the PU letter and/or visa can also register their interest but should provide additional details regarding the status of their application(s).
- Family members of employees can also register as long as they will travel together but please note that priority will be given to employees.
- We must secure a minimum of 120 passengers to guarantee the charter flight at a reasonable cost of between $3,000 and $5,000. If we do not meet this minimum, we will not be able to proceed with the flight. So we strongly encourage all who have a serious interest in the flight and meet the basic requirements (stated above) to please register with the required information as soon as possible.
- At the request of the Beijing government and in consideration of local policies designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, members whose final destination is a city in China other than Beijing will not be permitted on this flight.
- Given the complexity of applying for a single or multiple charter flight for representatives from multiple companies, a non-refundable deposit might eventually be required once all details are confirmed. We are committed to securing a reasonable and competitive price.
- AmCham China's designated ticketing agency (not confirmed yet) will be in contact with you to provide up-to-date information pertaining to cost, ticketing requirements and information on customs, immigration and health entry requirements. Please note that a nucleic acid test (with negative results) by an entity authorized by the Chinese Embassy/relevant consulate in the US will be required before boarding the flight.
- As the first ever charter flight organized by AmCham China, this flight will be only available for member employees seeking to return to Beijing or Tianjin, however, priority will be given to passengers who are returning to Beijing. Details on quarantine arrangements will be confirmed as soon as possible, pending final decisions from the responsible local governments.
- AmCham China is closely working with different stakeholders to apply for the charter flight, and we appreciate your understanding if the charter flight is cancelled or experiences delays due to unforeseen reasons.