Please join our first meeting on June 24th with service providers, including Deloitte, Dezan Shira, and KPMG, to gain a better understanding of the tariff exemption process and have a detailed discussion of services and prices.
On May 13, 2019, the State Council Tariff Commission announced it has implemented a tariff exclusion process through which qualified organizations and companies can apply to have products exempted from Chinese tariffs. The exemption application process will proceed in two phases:
- Phase One, June 3-July 5, 2019: Qualified entities can apply for an exclusion from Chinese tariffs imposed on $34 billion of imports from the US (July 6, 2018), and the second imposition of tariffs imposed on US $16 billion of imports from the US (August 23, 2018).
- Phase Two, September 2-October 18, 2019: Qualified entities can apply for an exclusion from Chinese tariffs imposed on US imports in response to the US imposition of tariffs on $200 billion of imports from China (September 24, 2018).
The list of products eligible for an exclusion (via application) is attached to this event page below.
AmCham China, as an officially licensed industry association operating in mainland China, is eligible and willing to submit tariff exemption applications on behalf of member companies.
If you plan to submit a request via AmCham China:
- Please confirm your intent by Friday, June 14th, 2019 via this Event page to apply for an exclusion (click "Register" below).
- This is an additional, value-added service for member companies provided at cost. AmCham China will follow up individually with companies who have signed up with pricing and application details for this service after June 14th, 2019.
- Companies must be willing and able to provide all information detailed below in the documents section, following the requirements of the State Council Tariff Commission. AmCham China will assist members throughout the application process to finalize their exclusion applications.
- According to the State Council Tariff Commission, each company can only apply for product exclusion ONCE. Therefore, if you decide to submit applications via AmCham China, please DO NOT re-submit via the official website.
The tariff exclusion process announcement follows China's decision that as of June 1, 2019 to increase tariffs on $60 billion of US goods. This is in response to the US action to raise tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese products from 10 percent to 25 percent as of May 9, 2019.
The June 1, 2019 Chinese tariff increases are as follows: 2,493 tax items listed in Annex 1 shall be subject to a 25 percent tariff; 1078 items listed in Annex 2 shall be subject to a 20 percent tariff; 974 items listed in Annex 3 shall be subject to a 10 percent tariff. The 595 items listed on Annex 4 are subject to a 5 percent tariff.