How much time do you spend writing emails? This 2-day course can show you how to cut that time in half by knowing how to structure every email you write, and know exactly what to say before your fingers even hit the keyboard.
This course will enable participants to leave with templates structured for different scenarios. Take what you learn through the training as well as your templates and share them with your team.
- Identify writing challenges
- Make writing clear, concise, and correct
- Improve sentence construction, paragraph development, and email layout
- Identify ways to make your writing simpler and easier to read
- Use proper email etiquette
- Develop an appropriate writing style, and learn how to format written documents
- Understand tone when writing an email and become more assertive
- Build confidence and professionalism
- Learn to summarize for reports, meeting minutes, and general updating
What will you learn?
1. Getting Started - Setting the Rules
2. Making Your Message Clear
- Making an Impact
- Requesting Information
- Sentence Construction
3.Structuring Written Communication
- Set Action Objectives
- Active vs. Passive
- Targeting Readers' Tone
4.Preparing a Message
- Planning Structure
- Importance of Drafting
6.Business Reports and Summaries
- Drawing Conclusions
- Making Recommendations
- Good and Bad News
- Requesting Action and Apologizing
Who should attend?
Professionals from all departments who use email to correspond complex concepts, want to learn skills for summarizing, and want an introduction to 1-page reporting.
This course will be conducted in English.