Applying for colleges is a huge, future-determining endeavor, even more so when applying abroad. The culmination of years of hard work and discipline has finally come to fruition, and its time to select your top schools and get all of your application materials in order. This, however, is no easy task - especially if you're a Chinese student applying to top US universities. Today, many parents and students are reaching a point of physical and emotional exhaustion dealing with the complicated US college admissions process, and all that it entails.
To help with this burden, and to give students the best chance at being admitted to the schools of their dreams, AmCham China is honored to invite students and parents alike for this information-driven event to learn the top 6 things you need to know when applying for US universities.
This event will help you better understand:
- The US government efforts to support and encourage Chinese students to travel to the United States
- The top 6 things parents and students need to know about US College admissions by top universities
- The importance of a balanced repertoire and personal background
- The application processes, how to choose a school, and how to select a major
- Important updates to the TOEFL iBT® test
- How students can make the most of their time when they studies in the US
The event consist of 3 sessions - session 1 & 2 will be conducted in English and Session 3 in Chinese.
Attendance is free for all AmCham China members, employees of member companies, and – if space permits – non-members.